I simply love portabella mushrooms and the bigger ones are great to stuff with all types of meats, cheeses, and greens, making them an awesome keto, vegan, and all-around wholesome meal choice for the entire household.
This is likely one of the best recipes that you would be able to prepare dinner when you’re brief on time however you might be actually hungry! It doesn’t get a lot better than a low-carb, Cheesesteak Stuffed in a Portobello Mushroom! Steak and mushrooms work so effectively collectively, so why not make stuff them with this tacky deliciousness, that may fill you up!
Roughly 260 energy, 6 internet carbs
YIELD: APPRX. 4 SERVINGS
- 6 ounces thin-sliced sirloin steaks
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to style
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced inexperienced pepper
- 1/4 cup mild bitter cream
- 2 tablespoons mild mayonnaise
- 2 oz mild cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz shredded delicate provolone cheese, or cheese of your alternative
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, with no cracks
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Gently take away the stems, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with 1/8 tsp salt, and recent pepper.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on each side.
- Spray a big skillet with cooking spray and warmth on excessive, let the pan get highly regarded then add the steak and prepare dinner on excessive warmth about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on either side, till cooked by.
- Switch to a reducing board and slice skinny, put aside.
- Scale back the warmth to medium-low, spray with extra oil, and saute onions and peppers 5 to six minutes, till tender.
- Mix all of the substances in a medium bowl. Switch to the mushroom caps, about 1/2 cup every.
- Bake within the oven till the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender about 20 minutes.
Portobellos have a wealthy earthy style that may be crammed with nearly something and baked to a very wonderful dish utilizing small ones for an appetizer to a big one for a principal course crammed with something from crab to spaghetti, I all the time have some as a result of I like to saute them sliced with a bit of garlic and spinach for a tremendous omelet that I can eat any time!